Windows 11 was launched in late 2021, and has since been widely adopted. Many people are wondering if there are any significant benefits to using Windows 11 compared to its predecessor, Windows 10. In this blog post, we’ll explore some of the key advantages of Windows 11 over Windows 10.
- Improved User Interface One of the most noticeable changes in Windows 11 is its user interface. Microsoft has introduced an improved start menu that is centered, streamlined, and customizable. This means that you can easily access your favorite apps and shortcuts without navigating through various menus. Additionally, the updated design elements and improved animations make Windows 11 look more modern and polished.
- Better Performance Windows 11 has several performance improvements over Windows 10. The operating system has been optimized to use fewer resources, which means it can run faster and smoother on older hardware. Additionally, Windows 11 has better support for multi-core processors, which improves performance on high-end machines.
- Enhanced Security Windows 11 has several security enhancements over Windows 10. For example, it has improved hardware-based security features such as virtualization-based security (VBS) and secure boot. Additionally, Windows 11 has an added feature called “Windows Hello” that allows users to log in using facial recognition or a fingerprint scanner, making it more secure than traditional passwords.
- Improved Productivity Windows 11 has several updated features designed to improve productivity. For example, the newly introduced snap layouts and snap groups allow you to organize your windows and applications more efficiently. Additionally, Windows 11 has an added feature called “Snap Assist” that suggests other apps to run alongside the one you’re currently using, making multitasking much more comfortable.
- Better Gaming Experience Windows 11 has several gaming-focused improvements over Windows 10. For example, it has improved DirectX 12 Ultimate support, which significantly improves game performance and graphics quality. Additionally, Windows 11 has better support for high-refresh-rate displays, which make games smoother and more fluid.
In conclusion, Windows 11 brings several significant improvements over Windows 10. These include a better user interface, improved performance, enhanced security, improved productivity, and a better gaming experience. Despite compatibility issues with older hardware and software, Windows 11 is certainly worth considering even if there are some compatibility issues.
You can’t always predict the weather and neither can you always predict when new opportunities are going to arise. However, you can put your business in the best possible position to take full advantage of those opportunities and use them to expand your business.
In order to quickly adapt and pivot to meet shifts in the market, your business needs to be agile, with systems that communicate with each other, so changes can happen smoothly.
Here at R.B.Hall Associates, LLC, we are excited about the ways in which Dynamics 365 can set your business up for future success. Contact us to learn more.
Kelly Roofing had trouble adapting their old systems to the upswing in business after Hurricane Irma.
Now with Microsoft 365, they have not only integrated their various business processes into a single system, they have the ability to scale all of these processes to meet new unexpected increases in demand.
Checkout an example of how a small business can work from anywhere…now, take a look at the tools needed to make that happen for your business!
Cybersecurity- A $7 Trillion Industry That’s The Biggest Threat To Entrepreneurs
“Ultimately, saying that you don’t care about privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different from saying you don’t care about freedom of speech because you have nothing to say.”
― Edward Snowden
Cyber security facts and stats
- A hacker attack happens every 39 seconds
- Since Covid-19 the FBI reported a 300% increase in reported cybercrimes
- 43% of cyber attacks target small businesses
- Average global cost for a breach is $3.9m across small businesses
- 95% of breached records come from 3 industries (government, retail, technology)
- Approximately $6 trillion is expected to be spent globally on cyber security by 2021
- Unfilled cyber security jobs worldwide will reach 4 million by 2021 (avg. cybersecurity engineering salary starts at $140k)
- More than 77% of organizations do not have a cyber security incident response plan
- Total cost for cybercrime worldwide added up to over $1 trillion
- Average time to identity a breach in 2019 was 206 days (IBM)
- Only 5% of companies folders are properly protected on average
- The estimated number of passwords used by humans and machines worldwide is 300 billion+
- 56% of Americans don’t know what to do in the event of a data breach
- 34% of data breaches involve internal actors
- 1 in 36 phones have high risk apps installed
- financial services industry takes in highest cost from cybercrime at an average of $18.3m per company surveyed
Biggest data breaches of the 21st century
- Yahoo – 3 billion user accounts in 2013 and 2014 (Names, email, passwords, date of birth and security questions)
- Sina Weibo (Chinese twitter) – 538 million accounts in 3/2020
- Marriott – 500 million customers (Contact, passport numbers, and 100m credit card numbers)
- Adult friend finder – 412.2 million accounts (penthouse.com, cams.com, icams.com, and stripshow.com)
- Myspace – 360 million accounts (2013)
- Net Ease – 235 million user accounts (email October 2015)
- Zynga – 218 million user accounts (gaming)
- LinkedIn – 165 million user accounts (2016)
- Dubsmash – 162 million user accounts
- Adobe – 153 million user accounts (October 2013)
- MyFitnessPal – 150 million user accounts (under armour app)
- Equifax – 147.9 million users
- eBay – 145 million users
- Ashley Madison – 32 million accounts
Method of hacking
- Virus-trojan – a virus within something you download or install
- Phishing – Replicate web site to enter login and password
- Eavesdropping – They’re monitoring what you’re doing but you don’t know
- Fake Wap – Fake WiFi to get access to your data
- Waterhole Attacks – Location with more traffic
- DDOSing – Flooding traffic to crash your site (denial of service)
- Keylogger – Malware that tracks your keypad
- Social Engineering – Fake phone call (exploiting your natural tendency to help out)
- Bait and Switch – Fake ads that take you to a page with a virus
- Cookie Theft – Take cookies off your computer to act like it’s you
SWOT analysis with team and family (strength, weaknesses, opportunity, threats)
- Change passwords
- Strengthen your home network
- Hire an analyst to do an audit
- Password storing software (LastPass)
- Keep your eyes on kids technology/apps
Know where to report
Digital technology has forever changed the dynamics between customers and companies.
Companies must continually reinvent their business by going one step ahead of ever-evolving digital trends or risk becoming silent observers while their industry is led by other businesses more adept at digital transformation.
Subscribe now to learn how your business can leave behind inefficient processes, duplicate tasks, and a reliance on physical workplace tools to become an active player in today’s digital game.
Get the right tools to support your life on the go. MSDyn365 Sales Professional enables you to work anywhere, anytime.
In our current digital era—we are bombarded by information—making it difficult to navigate all of the data and knowledge thrown at us. Employees and sales reps often complain that there is too much distraction, making it difficult to know what to focus on. In fact, according to an Accenture report, 59% of sellers say they have too many sales tools and that distractions reduce seller’s performance by 14%.
Watch this insightful webinar and learn how Dynamics 365 Sales Professional cuts through the distraction by providing a single, intelligent platform turning initial sales contacts into closed deals.
The webinar provides an overview of Dynamics 365, an introduction into Dynamics 365 Sales Professional, and a demo of the product.
You must be logged in to post a comment.